Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Week of Fridays

Every night this week has felt like Friday night. I love Fridays so its been awesome! The only downside has been it not being Saturday the morning after and still having to wake up and go to work. On Monday Nate's friend Lee and his wife Becky came into town. Nate and Lee are friends from computer engineering at BYU and Lee is helping Nate work on his big entreprenurial programming project. Those two can talk for HOURS about crazy computer stuff. I get bored with the conversations about C++ and interface modules but we did talk about some cool things like how the Kindle works, why its hard to take pictures in the dark, and how to simulate the flight patterns of lady bugs. On Monday we got dinner with Lee and Becky and then went down to Torrey Pines to check out the red tides. The red tides are a seasonal thing where algae in the water glows in the dark and you can see it when the waves break. We saw the lights in the waves and also noticed the sand lights up when you step on it! So cool! I felt like I was in Avatar. On Tuesday night I got off work, ran to Costco, stopped at home, picked up my friend who is also a young women's leader and made it to the YW activity I was in charge of. Right after the activity I met my friend Molly at Cheesecake Factory. She just graduated and was visiting some family in San Diego before heading off on an exciting trip to India! I had an amazing piece of key lime cheesecake and we had a great time laughing and catching up. After we went back to my apartment and hung out for awhile. You can't beat college friends! Last night after work I rushed home and packed a bag to spend the night at the boat. Nate, his Dad, Lee and Becky sailed the boat over to Mission Bay earlier that day and will be docked there for the next couple days. I parked as close as I could and walked to a spot on the beach to wait for Nate to come pick me up in the dingy. I probably looked really weird standing on the beach, fully clothed with a suitcase.

Me waiting.




Oh hey Nate!

After Nate picked me up we got warm clothes on and went for a cruise on the dingy around the bay (just the two of us!) to look at all the boats and the bridges and such. We saw the sunset and it was romantic and fun :) Then we went back and drank hot chocolate and sat around the boat talking to everyone. It was a great night! Like I said, the only problem was waking up early this morning and having Nate drop me back off at that beach so I could hike to my car, go home, get ready for work and make it on time. Right now everyone is still chilling on the boat. And I'm sitting at my desk. I wish I was there!

Its been a fun week! And best part is I still have the real weekend to look forward too!



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love that Nate's family sails. That would be so fun! I spent my nights this week getting stuff ready for Scotty's preschool bakesale. Although something tells me you would have loved doing that, too!