Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What a Wonderful Weekend...

This past weekend we went up to Provo... My friends threw me an adorable baby shower.
Have I mentioned I have the best friends ever?
We flew up Thursday night and stayed at Kasee and Jason's apartment the whole weekend. They were fabulous hosts! When I arrived at Kasee's apartment on Thursday night - Caroline and Jessica were there to welcome me! It was a great surprise. I just love them.

On Friday highlights of the trip included:

Going up to campus and enjoying fall leaves... Oh how I miss them!

Brunch with Danielle
Nate visited his engineering friends and professors.

I visited my professors and my old work.

The classroom where Nate and I met!

Enjoying J-Dawgs of course!

And BYU ice cream...

That evening my friends threw me a "little" themed shower.
I couldn't have thought of a cuter theme!













The "It's a Boy!" banner Jess made - so much cuter in person! I love it.

We didn't get a group shot of everyone but here are a few!



After the shower Caroline, Jess, Jen, Kasee and I stayed up till 2am talking!
Such quality girl time :) We could talk forever.

On Saturday we went to breakfast with some of Nate's friends. It was great to see Broc/Joanna and Brett/Sydnie. We went to Magelgy's Fresh and guess who walked in while we were eating? Nienie! Sydnie and I introduced ourselves and said we love her blog. It's always kind of been my dream to meet NieNie. She was so nice!
After breakfast we went to the BYU Football game.


Hello baby!



My handsome hubby!

After the game Jess, Kasee, and I went thrift store shopping and Nate went to hang out with some of his friends. Later we all met up with Jen and Lasee and our husbands for dinner at Terra Mia. Yum!

Love them.

And good thing our husbands love each other! Because even if they didn't they would still have to hang out.

Then we went back to Jen and Lasse's house for a hilarious game of "Battle of the Sexes". Naturally the girls won. It was a hoot.

Jen and Lasse's house is amazing! They have completely gutted the house and are in the process of re-doing everything. Such talent!

On Sunday we went to church and had a lovely brunch at Jess's. We also hung out with Nate's little brother Mikey.
Overall it was a fabulous weekend with:
Tons of girl time
No sleep
Laughing
Quality conversation
Reminiscing
And excitement about baby!

Thank you girls for making it so great! We sure have lots of people we love left in Provo!


5 comments:

Susan said...

That sounds like the best weekend ever! Oh, and PLEASE tell me you went to L&T???

Stephanie said...

How fun! My little sister who's your age is having a baby boy in January. Her shower is next weekend and I'm helping to throw it....I need to start thinking about it! Thanks for the wake-up call. :) I think you guys were maybe in the dorms together. I know she was with Nate's little sister maybe on the same floor and weren't you with her too? And her husband is John Shafer. He said he knew you too.

Tara said...

Erin! You are so cute! I guess you are too Nate ;) haha but we are so sad that we missed the fun weekend! We wish we could have been there! It looked like so much fun. We miss you guys!

Rachel said...

cute baby shower! and fun on campus - awww, i miss that! you look adorable erin :) so sad we missed the festivities!

k d L said...

you are so adorable pregnant! and i miss provo sometimes... gotta love the pics of that benson building... and the ice cream. something about byu ice cream. haha. can't wait to see you in december!