Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday Fun!


Yesterday was my 22nd birthday! Nathan had planned on taking me on a picnic at the beach on Saturday to celebrate - but due to the rain (another rainy weekend!) he changed the plans took me to my favorite breakfast place, "The Original Pancake House" in Rancho Santa Fe. I ordered chocolate chip pancakes (and felt like a 5 year old) and Nathan got the famous "Flap Jacks"! Both were delicious. I think going out to breakfast is the best! I would rather go out to breakfast than lunch or dinner any day of the week.


After breakfast we drove around the fancy, Rancho Santa Fe part of San Diego. It is GORGEOUS! After the drive Nathan took me to the mall so I could pick out a new outfit!I got a few cute things and Nathan was nice enough to watch me try stuff on and dig for things to say about each item of clothing (even though I know he really doesn't care). He has certain colors that he associates with people or things I already have in my wardrobe. For example, whenever he sees anything coral pink he tells me I already have that shirt. Even though it is nothing remotely close to anything I own. Every time he sees anything the color dark purple he says "Kasee has that shirt". And anything with blue and white stripes is something Jessica owns, etc. It's very endearing. After the mall we came back and I had a surprise package from my Mom on my doorstep! She sent me a cute dress and shirt.


That night Nathan's parents took us out to my favorite Hawaiian fusion restaurant called Roy's in La Jolla. It was delicious as always! After dinner we went back to his parents house and had cake and hung out for awhile.

Nathan, me and my new dress!

Cake :)

Great in-laws!

On my REAL birthday I wasn't expecting much because we had already celebrated over the weekend. But Nathan sent gorgeous flowers to my office at work! I wish I had a picture because they are so beautiful! Last night we also went to see the movie -"The Young Victoria" which I loved and got dessert at Extraordinary Desserts in downtown San Diego.


Extraordinary? I think so..

I got delicious white chocolate mousse cake with vanilla bean soaked pound cake and raspberries.



It was a great birthday! I told Nate that I am actually excited to be 22 because it makes me just one year closer to a socially acceptable age for being married. Just kidding! Kind of...

4 comments:

Brett and Sydnie said...

Happy Birthday Erin! You're new dress is so cute! And, can we go to that dessert place when we come visit?

Rachel said...

that dessert place looks divine. love your pics. i miss you guys!

Tara said...

I'm so behind!!! Hope you have a great birthday Erin! We miss you guys! Even though we can't make the trip this summer, we are going to come visit you another time!!! Miss you guys!

Kaylee and Ryan Parkinson said...

FUN!!! I'm glad you had such a great birthday. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. and I love you new dress:)